Thursday 1 December 2016

Blogger's Christmas Beauty Brawl 2016: Moisturiser




It is day one of the Blogger's Christmas Beauty Brawl and today all of the bloggers taking part will be reviewing a moisturiser of their choice.

I have chosen to review the Mandara Spa Amber Heaven Body Cream which is a luxury moisturising cream. I bought mine in Sainsbury's for £1 off the original price of £3.50 meaning that I only paid £2.50. There were sets available for £8, but since it would be my first time using the product I decided to buy the single cream on it's own just so I could test it out. 

I think the packaging of this product is really nice and it looks different to the mainstream moisturisers like Nivea and Garnier. The design is pretty plain, and there are no images of what's inside the product like other moisturisers normally have. For example, on most coconut scented moisturisers, the main image on the packaging will be a coconut. However, on this product there are no images of the sandalwood and patchouli (which is what it contains inside). Despite this, I like how there are no images on the product's packaging because it makes the product look different and it looks like a luxury product due to the simple gold writing and logo. I will therefore be rating the packaging a 95/100 based on the luxury look and feel of the packaging.

Onto the actual product itself now. The smell of this cream is to die for! I absolutely love the smell because it's so different than my usual coconut or shea butter moisturisers, and it just smells heavenly. I can't describe exactly what it smells like, but it smells sort of musky and doesn't even smell like it's a moisturiser. Just know that it smells really good and it's the best smelling moisturiser that I have ever smelt and used in my life. The cream itself is white and smells so good (I seriously cannot get over this). However, I do find that it takes a while for it to rub into the skin and absorb, but after a bit of rubbing into my skin it does leave my skin super soft and smelling amazing. I will therefore be rating the actual product a 75/100 because it doesn't rub easily into my skin, but it does smell really good.

I really like this product and think the price is great for the quality. I will therefore be rating the price 90/100 because I got to pay £1 less than the original price! I love the smell and the packaging, but I will be sticking to my current moisturiser which is the Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom. This is solely based on the fact that I don't like how long it takes the moisturiser to absorb into my skin. 

I hope you enjoyed my day one post of the Blogger's Christmas Beauty Brawl 2016! Please do check out all of the other bloggers' posts because they will also be a great read. 


Follow
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Andreia Prieto. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig