Friday 18 November 2016

How To Prep For Self-Tanning




Happy Friday everyone! While I was applying my self-tanner earlier today I thought to myself "why not share how I prep my skin prior to self-tanning". Before I started applying self-tanner (which was only about two weeks ago), I researched how to prep my skin so that the tan wouldn't be streaky or look horrible. So, in today's post I will be incorporating what I read and give you tips on how to prep your skin based on my current routine. 

STEP ONE: 
The first thing I do to prep my skin is to have a nice relaxing bath (you can have a shower, but when I'm about to self-tan I like to have some relaxing me time). While in the bath I shave any hairs that I may have on my skin such as my legs and arms, and I then wash my body as normal.


STEP TWO:
This step is vital for achieving an even tan and making it last longer. You must absolutely make sure that you exfoliate! I exfoliate my skin using the Dirty Works Buttery Salt Scrub in the bath. It is so important to exfoliate your skin before tanning and after tanning when you want to apply a new coat. This is because exfoliating gets rid of any dead skin you may have and if you don't get rid of this skin, then your tan may flake off leading to it looking patchy. I have noticed that after exfoliating, my tan lasts ages which is good news!


STEP THREE:
After getting out of the bath make sure that you moisturise as usual but especially because you're going to be applying self-tanner. The moisturiser I use is the Dirty Works Shea You Care Body Butter. This important because your skin will be moisturised and smooth allowing an easier application of tanning cream onto the skin.


STEP FOUR:
This step is all about applying your tan. To correctly apply self-tanner, you should use a tanning mitt or any sort of plastic gloves. Using these makes sure that your tan is spread evenly and you're not left with orange grubby hands. I use a tanning mitt to apply my self-tanner because I find it easier to use and I know where I have already applied my tan because I glide it up my leg which gives a more even and non-streaky look. I apply a small pump onto the mitt and glide it over my body until I need to pump some more onto the mitt. I do this until my whole body is evenly covered in the tanning lotion.


STEP FIVE:
After I have applied my self-tanner onto my skin, I leave it to dry and set into my skin for 4 hours. After 4 hours, I then hop into the back and wash my body to remove any excess tanning lotion and then apply moisturiser to make my tan last slightly longer.

After 2 days, I then go through these steps again and re-apply my self-tanner to maintain my tan. 

I hope you enjoyed reading this how to post on prepping your skin for self-tanner. If you self-tan, I'd love to hear your routine so comment below and let me know!

Thank you for reading, good evening. 
  
Instagram   -   Twitter   -   Facebook   -   Bloglovin

Follow
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Andreia Prieto. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig